Friday, September 11, 2015

Gift of Imperfection

I'm not perfect. Believe it or not, neither are you. I realize this statement probably won't elevate my Popularity Rating and I am willing to make that sacrifice. Although it may seem as though my goal is to embrace my un-celebrity status by alienating myself from the free world due to my penchant for bluntness and truth, I can assure you, that is not the case. Why would I want to tell people to be more cognizant of their flaws & imperfections? Why should I care what you think at all?
Actually, I don't care WHAT you think, all I care is that you DO think.
 Take the time to dream. Dream big, dream loud, dream daily. Don't be afraid to set your sights high. You may not always reach the top, but you might be surprised how tall you can stretch. So many people allow fear to paralyze them into inaction. As far as I'm concerned, fear is the DEVIL. Unfortunately, it is an emotion with super human strength and an insidious, unrelenting ability to divert you from the task at hand.  In order to combat fear and overcome, try this simple exercise when you feel the hand of fear creeping up on you........Chose. Chose between these two anagrams of the word Fear:

Fuck Everything And Run  
OR 
Faith Endures All Rejection


Only one choice has power over fear.  
It is driven by hope.

 
 
Hope: /hōp/
 noun
1. a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
2. a feeling of trust.
verb
1. want something to happen or be the case.
 
 ANTONYMS of Hope:

doubt                 distrust             hate               pessimism           disbelief
despair               failure               fear                   discourage          inactivity
indifference         apathy              aversion          disgust               lethargy 
 
 
 As you can see, one simple choice, one final decision has the power to squash fear like a bug.  In the face of  fear,  
 
                 which will you choose?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Although we probably havent already met, I would like you to know I sincerely appreciate your interest in my blog. Apart from extraordinarily strange circumstances, I will do my best to respond to your comment, question or concern within 24 hours. Best Regards, Serafina